In this role, you will be managing Paymentwall’s complex, international general accounting processes and leading the accounting team. The role requires flexibility yet rigorous attention to detail, and also great communication skills in order to manage various accounting and tax projects. You will be responsible for millions of monthly transactions happening in many different currencies around the world while working in a highly entrepreneurial, international and diverse work environment in the fast moving global online payments industry.
· Manage all aspects of day-to-day accounting and operations such as A/R, A/P, month-end, quarterly, and year-end closes.
· Spearhead SAP (or other Accounting Information System) implementation.
· Contribute to building a streamlined global accounting team
· Build documentation around accounting processes and procedures
· Maintain general ledger by reconciling subsidiary accounts and journal entries.
· Prepare trial balance and manage the financial reporting process.
· Provide guidance to accounting staff on processes and procedures. Coordinate accounting processes across our global offices.
· Implement internal controls where necessary
· Update and create new policies to manage cost efficiency of the company and reduce waste across offices; oversee the tracking and categorization of intercompany expenses.
· Prepare documentation for corporate, state, and local tax returns.
· Further develop our budgeting and financial analysis areas.
· 3-5 years of public experience with CPA license preferred. Experience managing accountants required.University bachelors or above is required.
· Experience with the audit process and financial reporting and analysis
· Experience preferably working with an early-stage company.
· Strong understanding of GAAP.
· Strong command and understanding of an ERP accounting system, preferably SAP.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Willingness to work with highly international and diverse colleagues across five global offices.
· Able to adapt to an ever-changing entrepreneurial and fast moving environment.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
· Proactive, goal-oriented individuals who take pride in what they do and in successfully completing their tasks.
· Candidates with good international exposure.
· Candidates with an interest in the payments industry
· Candidates with unlimited energy who want to contribute to the success of Paymentwall in a global payments platform.
· Candidates should be available exclusively, full-time and able to start as soon as possible.
· Experience with a BIG 4 accounting firm a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
· Competitive compensation.
· Unlimited growth potential.
· Centrally located office in San Francisco.
· Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages.
· Healthy meals prepared by our company chef.
· Discounted daily parking near the office.
· Public transportation benefit that covers Caltrain, BART, Muni and other work travel.
· Group healthcare policy coverage following the 90-day probationary period.