You are a coder. A builder. A maker. You are not a ninja or a rockstar. You love solving challenging technical problems with simple, elegant solutions. You sweat the details, but also know when to let go and ship. You have strong opinions about what makes a beautiful API. You can singlehandedly take a product from idea to implementation. You hate the code you wrote last week. You understand algorithmic complexity, but know that 90% of being a good programmer is simply writing readable code. You want to build products that people fall in love with.
We want to talk to you.
KAYAK’s iOS apps are used by millions of people worldwide. Our users love our apps, but we know we can always make them better. Join our team and help us craft the future of mobile travel commerce. At KAYAK, our teams are small but make a big impact.
Our next Senior iOS Engineer should be an expert iOS coder. Things we expect from you:
- Have shipped at least one non-trivial iOS app
- Know modern Objective-C like the back of your hand
- Solid grasp of the important Cocoa frameworks (UIKit, Foundation, CoreGraphics)
- Understand multi-threaded programming subtleties, gotchas and problem solving
- Ability to diagnose and solve mobile networking performance issues
- Comfortable writing tricky code with GCD and blocks
- Effectively communicate your coding solutions and articulate the reasons for your decisions
- Work effectively with UI designers who are obsessive about pixel perfection
What KAYAK can offer you:
- Have a major impact on the future technical direction of our iOS apps
- No stupid meetings
- 4 weeks vacation
- Generous 401(k) matching
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Game room, drinks, coffee, snacks, etc. in the office
Now hiring awesome software engineers, and product managers. Check www.kayak.com/careersKAYAK is the best place to plan, book, and manage your travels. We compare hundreds of travel sites at once. If you want to spend hours searching every airline, hotel and other travel site yourself, that’s one option. If you’d prefer an easier way to find a good deal, we can help.Once you find what you want, we give you choices where to book (most travel sites do not), including airline, hotel, car rental and online travel agency sites, and oftentimes even through KAYAK directly.We also offer travel management tools including an itinerary management tool, flight status updates, and price alerts.Our free mobile app is available on iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows Phone, and is the #1 Mobile Travel App. We have local KAYAK sites in thirty countries.To find out more, visit KAYAK.com